This post was sponsored by AMERICAN HERITAGE® Chocolate as part of an Influencer Campaign for Influence Central and all opinions expressed in my post are my own.
The holidays are approaching and this is my favorite time of year to whip up some fun, delicious recipes with my family. It’s always exciting to get my kids involved in baking and it’s a joy to see everything click as we measure, stir and roll things into the pan.
Who doesn’t love a homemade cookie? It’s the easiest dessert you can make whether you’re new in the kitchen, pressed for time, or just wanting something delicious and homemade. I personally loved baking as a child and it’s rubbed off on my own kids, who now love to get in the kitchen as well.
For the holidays especially, it’s always nice to whip up something extra mouthwatering for myself and my family. Instead of going with the traditional chocolate chip cookie, I thought that this flavorful crinkle cookie recipe would do the trick! The kids loved helping me roll the dough into the sugar and placing them onto the pan, as well as watching them bake!
AMERICAN HERITAGE® Chocolate Finely Grated Chocolate to help bring out the chocolatey flavor I was craving.
AMERICAN HERITAGE Chocolate is based upon authentic recipes from the 1700s and contains spices including vanilla, orange peel and cinnamon. These flavorsome chocolate crinkle cookies even have a hint of cinnamon after their cooled and brings all of the holiday vibes together in one single bite! Spices from around the world have been blended directly into the cocoa, which gives the chocolate in this recipe, a wonderful and unique flavor.
For this recipe, you’ll need the following:
- 2 tablespoons flax egg (or use a regular egg)
- ½ cup of water (for the flax to thicken, omit if you’re using an egg)
- 1 cup of all purpose flour
- 1 ¼ cup of granulated sugar (save ¼ for rolling)
- ½ cup of powdered sugar (for rolling)
- ½ cup of AMERICAN HERITAGE® Chocolate Finely Grated Chocolate
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ⅓ canola oil
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- Stir together the flax seed and the water and set aside for 10 minutes. This will allow the flax to gel.
- In another bowl, mix together your flour, finely grated chocolate, one cup of the granulated sugar (other ¼ cup is for rolling before baking), baking soda, and salt.
- To the flaxseed mixture, add oil and vanilla extract. Stir to combine.
- Now, add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. The mixture will be rough, that’s how you want it.
- Cover with plastic wrap and allow to chill for at least two hours.
- When it’s time for baking, preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Pour ¼ cup of granulated sugar in one bowl and ¼ powdered/confectioners sugar in another.
- Form the dough into balls using a tablespoon, or ice cream scooper.
- Roll balls of dough into granulated sugar, then the confectioners sugar. Be sure to get enough confectioners sugar onto the cookie to ensure the ‘crinkle’ look.
- Bake for 10 minutes. **Do not over bake. Cookies will harden during the cooling process.**
- Let cool for 5 minutes and gently place on a cooling rack.
Be sure to let the cookie dough harden for at least two hours. This helps the cookies keep their shape!
There you have it – sweet, mouthwatering and flavorful, fudgy crinkle cookies!
AMERICAN HERITAGE Finely Grated Chocolate made it super easy to whip up the perfect chocolate crinkle cookies in little to no time!