Easy Vegan Banana Nut Muffins
Looking for something simple to whip up for breakfast? Or maybe you’re needing more, nutritious meal prep ideas for breakfast?
Whatever the case, these deliciously easy vegan banana nut muffins make the perfect start your day! This healthy breakfast idea is so simple, that you can even include the kids in helping your prepare these muffins. Made with simple, healthy ingredients, you can’t go wrong with these moist vegan banana nut muffins.
RELATED POST: Easy Vegan Blueberry Muffins
INGREDIENTS YOU’LL NEED AND PROBABLY ALREADY HAVE ON HAND:
-All purpose flour
-Salt – however, I love substituting pink Himalayan salt
-Melted coconut oil, which you can get here.
Are you missing a few ingredients and ready to get started sooner that later? Try grocery delivery from your local Walmart. Reserve a time slot and have your choice of groceries delivered straight to your door, from the comfort of your own home!
Not only is it trending, but some people prefer the lifestyle over others. Some people don’t necessarily care to eat meat and others may be looking to SAVE from buying meat – which can quickly add up.
I’m not here to say being vegan is healthier and debate with anyone on the lifestyle of their choosing, but there are some really great benefits for eating vegan and if you don’t want to go full-time, just try a few options to start and slowly transition your way into it.
These banana nut muffins are perfect for those on a budget, too. They require most of the ingredients you already have in your pantry. Making it the perfect, go-to breakfast, or snack! For this recipe specifically, you don’t need eggs due to the texture of the bananas. However, if you must, you can always substitute the milk for any milk of your choice.
– 1 3/4 Cups Of All Purpose Flour
– 2 teaspoons baking powder
– 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
– 1/4 teaspoon Pink Himalayan Salt (can sub regular salt)
– 1/4 cup non dairy milk (I use plain almond milk)
– 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
– 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
– 1/3 cup pure cane sugar (can substitute regular)
– 2 or 3 large ripe bananas, mashed
– 1 cup walnuts, chopped
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Combine all dry ingredients, being sure to whisk properly, so it’s evenly mixed.
3. In another small bowl, mix wet ingredients. Add mashed bananas and stir.
4. Combine wet and dry ingredients until a batter forms. A few lumps are okay.
5. Fold in 3/4 of walnuts.
6. Line muffin tin with liners. If not using liners, use melted coconut oil and spread evenly with a paper towel (or you can use a spray coconut oil) throughout the muffin tin.
7. Using an ice cream scooper, fill each muffin liner to almost full. About 2/3 full. Top batter with the rest of the walnuts.
8. Place in oven and bake for 20 – 25 minutes. Test in center with fork or toothpick after the time is up, to ensure the middle is done.
Remove from oven and let cool for about 7 – 10 minutes, then serve. Recipe makes 12 muffins.
Muffins can be stored in an air-tight container for up to 4 to 5 days.
Again, this simple vegan banana nut muffin recipe can definitely be added to your weekly meal prep list, or as a simple weekend activity to engage in with the kids.
However, whenever, you’ll definitely enjoy these mouth-watering, savory and moist vegan banana nut muffins!