Have you ever ran out of makeup remover pads and totally forgot about it until you really needed them?
Or, have you noticed how quickly they are used and you’re spending more money again, before you know it? Well if that sounds like you, these homemade makeup remover pads are for you.
Not only can you save some money by pulling together these simple ingredients (that are also great for other uses), you can skip the added chemicals by making these quick and easy DIY homemade makeup remover pads.
Because you’re only using a few tablespoons of each product, these DIY homemade makeup remover pads will last you for far longer than your store-bought brands. They’ll also serve as some great TLC for your face, as this recipe causes for Lavender and Frankincense essential oils, which are great for your skin, particularly your face.
DO I HAVE TO USE ESSENTIAL OILS?
The essential oils are optional, but are highly recommended. The coconut oil and soap alone, will remove your makeup. However, Lavender is known to have many benefits like lessening acne and helps to reduce dark spots and wrinkles.
While Frankincense is a natural powerhouse of an astringent and helps to protect skin cells, this oil can also help reduce dark spots, prevent breakouts and naturally tighten and lighten your skin.
I also want you to know that all essential oils aren’t created equal. There are very few regulations to what these small bottles of plant magic actually contain. That’s why I always go with 100% therapeutic-grade oils from Young Living. They have a Seed To Seal Promise that they live by.
With Young Living, you can rest assured that you’re treating your skin with the best oils around. You can even schedule visits to Young Living’s farms worldwide and see the entire distillation process with your very own eyes. You’re even welcome to make your own bottle!
– 1 Tall 8 oz Mason jar with lid
– 1 pack of organic cotton pads
– 2 tablespoons of fractionated coconut oil
– 2 pumps of tear-free baby wash (I use and swear by Young Living’s Seedlings baby wash)
– 1 1/2 cup of distilled water
– 2 drops of Lavender Essential oil (here’s where to get 100% EO)
– 2 drops of Frankincense Essential Oil (here’s where to get 100% EO)
1. Place a stack of cotton pads in the mason jar. Enough to fill just below the rim.
2. Slightly bowl water until warm and small bubble form.
2. In a small bowl, whisk together your fractionated coconut oil, water and pumps of soap.
3. Pour the water into the bowl and whisk together until oil, soap and water are well blended.
4. Pour the mixture into the mason jar filled with pads. Be sure to slightly press pads down, so that the liquid and oils are soaked into the pads.
5. If more pads are needed, add them as you press down. You want as many pads to soak as possible.
6. Tightly secure your lid and store in a dry, cool place.
These homemade makeup pads can be used daily!