DIY Homemade Makeup Brush Cleaner
Your beauty routine has just gotten a little easier with this simple, DIY makeup brush cleaner hack! If you want your skin to be flawless under your daily makeup, cleaning your brushes regularly is a must.
Makeup brushes tend to pack on buildup from your makeup products pretty quickly, causing a ton of residue and bacteria. So that means you have to keep a reliable cleaner on hand at all times.
Just like any cleaner, or any other makeup product, the dollars can add up quickly. Because you’ll need a makeup brush cleaner regularly, you’ll end up spending a ton by the end of the year.
That’s where this easy DIY makeup brush cleaner comes in handy. Some of these ingredients you’ll surprisingly already have at home.
YOU’LL ALSO LIKE:
– 1/2 cup witch hazel
– 2 teaspoons tear-free baby soap (here’s where to therapeutic-grade get essential oil infused tear-free soap)
– 1 teaspoon carrier oil (can use almond, olive, or fractionated coconut oil)
– 1 cup distilled water
– 5 drops Lavender essential oil
– 5 drops Tea Tree essential oil
WHY ESSENTIAL OILS?
The essential oils are optional, but highly recommended. Why? Because oils like lavender and tea tree oil, have many natural and powerful benefits like lessening acne and helps to reduce dark spots and fine wrinkles.
Tea tree oil is known for helping to treat acne, due to it’s anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial properties, which can help stop the spread of fungus and bacteria that causes acne and breakouts, making this the perfect essential oil to add to your makeup brush cleaner.
Lavender essential oil is very similar as it helps reduce redness, dark spots and acne scars. Lavender’s anti-inflammatory properties cause this oil to be great for healing irritated skin due to the sun and bacteria. Again, making this the perfect essential oil to add to your homemade makeup brush cleanser.
– Warm distilled water and set aside when you’re ready to mix. Warm water makes it easier to combine oil and soap.
– In a mason jar, or bottle, pour ingredients. You’ll want to pour them in the order that’s listed, starting with witch hazel first.
– Shake the bottle, or jar to combine all ingredients.
– Store in refrigerator for later use.
HOW TO USE:
When you’re ready to use your mixture, pour your new makeup brush cleaner into a another mason jar or bowl. Add your makeup brushes and rub your brushes back and forth along the bottom of bowl, or mason jar.
Let your brushes soak for a few minutes, remove them from the mixture and rinse under water. Dump the solution and let your makeup brushes rest on a clean towel to dry.
Repeat weekly to keep clean, fresh, nourishing brushes!
BONUS if you add a few drops of skin cleansing essential oils like frankincense, lavender and tea tree oil! Here’s where to get 100% therapeutic-grade oils.