Thanksgiving is a time where we all gather around our closest friends and family, prepare amazing dishes to enjoy together – and most importantly, a time to give thanks.
However, Thanksgiving isn’t the only time to consciously give thanks. Every day is a new opportunity to be thankful for. So these quotes on Thanksgiving and gratitude will take you beyond this one big day – these Thanksgiving quotes will help you throughout your entire life.
1. “Thanksgiving is a time of togetherness and gratitude.”
2. Begin each day with a grateful heart.
3. Happiness comes when we stop focusing on what we don’t have and give thanks for what we do have.
4. Turn every negative into a positive.
5. “Give thanks, not just on Thanksgiving Day – but every day of your life. Appreciate and never take for granted all that you have.”
6. Always remember to be thankful for the thing you prayed for that you have now.
7. “The thankful receivers bear a plentiful harvest.”
8. “Be thankful for what you have; you’ll end having more. If you concentrate on what you don’t have, you will never have enough.”
9. “No duty is more urgent than giving thanks.”
10. “Enjoy the little things, for one day you may lock back and realize they were the big things.”
11. “Gratitude can transform common days into thanksgiving, turn routine jobs into joy, and change ordinary opportunities into blessings.”
-William Arthur Ward
12. Joy is the simplest form of gratitude.
13. “A thankful heart is not only the greatest virtue, but the parent of all other virutes.”
14. “Gratitude makes sense of our past, brings peace for today, and creates a vision for tomorrow.”
15. “When you are grateful – when you can see what you have – you unlock blessings to flow in your life.”
16. “Sometimes we spend so much time and energy thinking about where we want to go that we don’t notice where we happen to be.”
17. “Rest and be thankful.”
18. “You shouldn’t just give during Christmas and Thanksgiivng, you should be giving all the time.”
19. “To witness miracles unfold in your experience, count your blessings, and be thankful. Perceived small blessings accumulate to be the most powerful.”
20. “When you are grateful, fear disappears and abundance appears.”
21. “We should certainly count our blessings, but we should also make our blessings count.”
-Neal A. Maxwell
22. “This is a wonderful day. I’ve never seen this one before.”
23. “Not what we say about our blessings, but how we use them, is the true measure of our thanksgiving.”
-W. T. Purkiser
24. The soul that gives thanks can find comfort in everything; the soul that complains can find comfort in nothing.
25. “When asked if my cup is half-full or half-empty, my only response is I’m thankful I have a cup.”