Whether you’re entertaining guests for dinner, throwing a party, or just needing something quick to whip up with a bunch of jalapeno peppers -this is an easy adaptation of the infamous stuffed jalapenos peppers with cream cheese, herbs, and spices that make a great appetizer for a crowd!
With easy prep and a few minutes in the oven – you’ll be hosting in no time.
How Do You Cut Jalapeno Peppers For Stuffing?
The best way to cut jalapenos for stuffing is to cut them lengthwise using a paring knife and remove the seeds and membranes. Be sure to wash your hands after working with the peppers to avoid burning your eyes.
What Goes Well With Stuffed Jalapenos?
Jalapeno peppers can be served as an appetizer, or as a selection amongst a party buffet table if you’re hosting a big party. Serve alongside some tortilla chips, guacamole and queso dip. The cheese from the filling and the spice from the peppers pair well with the saltiness and crunch of your favorite tortilla chips!
It’s the holidays and there’s so much cheer in the atmosphere and so many things to be grateful for. It’s…Keep reading
Warm, hearty, slow-cooked meals are always the most popular dinner meals during the fall season. Some of the best fall…Keep reading
What Types Of Cheeses To Stuff Jalapenos With?
This recipe calls for softened cream cheese, smoked cheddar and smoked gouda to get the best flavor out of the peppers.
Simply blend all of the cheeses together to get a creamy filling and top with buttered breadcrumbs for an added crunch!
The best part is that you don’t have to wait until a holiday or game day comes around.
Pack these jalapeno peppers as a side for lunch, or serve them as a quick snack during the week, or as an appetizer throughout the week while your family waits on dinner.
Simply make half of the recipe and save the cream cheese filling for later when you want to make the peppers again.
There’s no right, or wrong time to whip these peppers up! They’re so easy.
Stuffed Jalapeno Peppers
- 12 jalapenos halfed
- 8 oz cream cheese room temp
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder minced
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 3 tbsp green onion chopped
- 1/2 cup applewood smoked cheddar
- 1/2 cup applewood smoked gouda
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 2 tbsp butter melted
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Lightly grease a nonstick cookie sheet with cooking spray and set aside.
Prepping The Jalapenos
- Slice the jalapenos in half lengthwise. With a paring knife, or spoon, clear the center of peppers of all seeds and white membranes.
Make The Filling
- Add softened cream cheese, smoked cheddar, smoked gouda, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, and pepper to a medium bowl.
- Using a handheld mixer, fork, or potato masher, mix the filling until combined for about 1 minute.
For The Breadcrumb Topping
- Mix the butter and breadcrumbs until crumbly.
Assemble The Jalapeno Peppers
- Using a small spoon, or a butter knife, fill each jalapeno with the cream cheese misture and place them on the cookie sheet.
- Sprinkle them with the bread crumb mixture.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until the breadcrumbs have toasted and the poppers are bubbling.
- Let the jalapenos cool for about 3 minutes before serving and enjoy!